Announcing the 9th Annual DIA Schools Summit speaker and topic line-up! Join us for a professional-development-meets-personal-retreat experience, October 16-18, 2023, on the campus of Catholic University of America in Washington, DC.
Endorsed by Bishops and Superintendents, and highly rated by past attendees, the annual DIA Schools Summit brings together thought-leaders in Catholic education. Programming for 2023 includes general session presentations by Tim Busch, philanthropist and Napa Institute founder; Helen Alvarè, law professor, author and speaker; Father Robert Spitzer, founder of The Magis Center and past professor; Dr. Peter Kilpatrick, President of Catholic University of America; and Dr. Richard Ludwick, President of University of St. Thomas – Houston. These compelling presentations will cover hot topics like being disruptive in the Catholic arena, renewing Catholic education, helping students keep the Faith, religious freedoms in Catholic schools, and entrepreneurial mind-set schools.
Concurrent workshops target specific roles in Catholic schools and address common issues affecting our communities today. Check out the line-up below.
School Leadership Workshops:
- Alliance Defending Freedom legal team members present on gender policies
- Dr. Jacquiline Leary-Warsaw, CUA Dean of Music, Drama and Art, on infusing the faith in activities that are virtuous and condition the body and soul
- Dr. Andrew Abela, Dean of CUA’s Busch School of Business, “Anatomy of Greatness: The 50 Virtues that Power All Human Achievement”
- Kate Sell, Mission Advancement Partners, “Understanding How to Build an Effective Catholic School Board: Finding the Trusted Leaders”
- Alvaro deVicente, Headmaster at The Heights, “Hiring Partners”;
- Shane Rapp, Principal at St. James Academy, “Partnering Practically with Parents”.
Campus Ministers Workshops:
- Fr. Brendan Barran, O.P., “Fortitude and the Culture of Fear”
- Ian Masson, Director, IPS Center for Psychological Services at Divine Mercy, “Navigating Mental Health Concerns with Compassion and Confidence”
- Bishop Thomas Daly, Chair of USCCB’s Committee on Catholic Education, on keeping students involved in the Sacraments.
- Panel Discussion led by Emmjolee Mendoza of CUA’s Campus Ministry team, on service and social justice.
- Dr. William D. Dinges, retired Ordinary Professor of Religious Studies in the School of Theology and Religious Studies: “‘Fallen away’ to ‘None’: Catholic Disaffiliation Past and Present”
- Chris Valdez and Megan Bridgwater from Marin Catholic High School: English Curriculum Redesign Session 1 of 2
- Mary Pat Donoghue, Secretariat for the USCCB’s Committee on Catholic Education: “The Sower, the Seed, and the Soil: A Reflection on Eucharistic Teaching”
- Chris Valdez and Megan Bridgwater from Marin Catholic High School: English Curriculum Redesign Session 2 of 2
- Dr. Pamela Patnode of St. Paul Seminary’s Certificate in Catholic School Leadership: “Catholic Education as Vocation”
- Brett Skalkeld, author and Theologian, “There is No Neutral: Making Every Class Catholic”
- Dr. Andrew Shivone and Dr. Michael Higgins, St. Jerome Institute Catholic High School, on how to conduct seminars on scriptural texts.
In addition, DIA’s strategic partners participate by being available to discuss their products and services. How can they help your school be more efficient? Meet with them during display hours and attend their learning lab presentations! See the current list of DIA Strategic Partners here.
A special event off-site will be hosted by DIA’s valued strategic partner, The Museum of the Bible. Exclusively for DIA attendees, The Night at the Museum provides after-hours admission, specific programming for Catholic educators, specialized tours, and dinner. Transportation for Summit attendees is provided from CUA to the Museum, and from the Museum to the conference hotel in Silver Spring. Register here for the event Tuesday evening, October 17.
All this content is currently just $300 per person*! But 2023 DIA Schools Summit registration rates increase July 31 – register now! Airfare is still affordable, book now for the best pricing; and group discounts are available at the Courtyard Marriott in Silver Spring, Maryland. Join us on the campus of Catholic University of America, to discuss how your school can take formation to the next level.
*Consider DIA Schools Collaborative annual membership, which includes TWO Summit registrations, in addition to a wide array of other benefits. We’d love to collaborate with you!