A young nationwide initiative is leading the charge in growing and strengthening passionately Catholic schools and the Catholic Church in America. The Duc In Altum (DIA) Schools Collaborative was born from the need to revitalize Catholic schools in the United States, and in two short years, DIA’s impact has exploded as dioceses, schools, and leaders have been provided the framework to achieve a truly faith-first vision for Catholic education.
Kyle Pietrantonio is the Executive Director of the Duc in Altum (DIA) Schools Collaborative. As an experienced school principal and teacher in Catholic schools, Kyle was a founding board member of Cristo Rey Atlanta Jesuit High School and previously served as Head of School at Holy Spirit Preparatory in Atlanta. He is currently Vice Chair of the Ignatian House Board of Directors and works in Executive Search for Partners in Mission. Kyle and his wife Meghan reside in Atlanta with their three children.
Fr. Randy Sly is a Catholic priest with the Personal Ordinariate of the Chair of St. Peter, currently serving in the Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph. He serves as a spiritual advisor for the Duc in Altum (DIA) Schools Collaborative and is a Consultant in Faith Formation, Mission and Catholic Identity at St. Michael the Archangel Catholic High School in Lee’s Summit, Missouri. Raised in The Episcopal Church, Fr. Sly was ordained a priest, later consecrated and served as a bishop, then Archbishop. Fr. Sly and his wife, Sandy, have three grown children and nine grandchildren.
Sample Interview Questions
- What is the educational approach of DIA?
- Can you describe the evolution of Duc in Altum Schools Collaborative from an annual conference to a membership consortium?
- What are the benefits and support offered to Catholic member schools and dioceses?
- With representation across 43 states in only two years, what would you attribute DIA’s tremendous growth to?
- Where can people learn more about DIA Schools and how to get their local Catholic school involved?
To request an interview with Kyle Pietrantonio or Fr. Randy Sly, contact Carrie Kline at email@example.com.