The Annual DIA Schools Summit is an inspiring gathering of Catholic education professionals seeking to transform their community’s culture.
- How is the Catholic faith applied in decision-making at your school?
- What tools are provided to staff and faculty that enhance the Catholic culture?
- Are all constituents – not just students and staff but also families, parents, alumni, and board members – formed in the community?
These questions, and more, are addressed in the programming of 8th Annual professional- development-meets-personal-retreat experience, October 19-21, in San Juan Capistrano, California.
Endorsed by Bishops and Superintendents, and highly rated by past attendees, the annual DIA Schools Summit brings together thought-leaders in Catholic education. Programming for 2022 includes general session presentations by John Zimmer, Vice President of FOCUS; Christopher Kaczor of Loyola Marymount University; and the Dominican Sisters at JSerra Catholic High School will present on their Virtue Program. Workshop topics will include:
- Dialogical Conversation in Theology classes
- Catholicism in The Content-Area
- Contributions of Black Catholics You May Not Know About
- Pro-Human School Curriculum
- Catholic Worldview
- Taking Discipleship Seriously
- Building a More Robust Culture of Discipleship at Your School
In addition, DIA’s strategic partners participate by being available to discuss their products and services. How can they help your school be more efficient? Meet with them during display hours and attend their learning lab presentations! See the current list of DIA Strategic Partners here.
Summit registration rates increase July 31 – register now! Airfare is still affordable, book now for the best pricing; and group discounts are available at two area hotels. Join us on the campus of JSerra Catholic High School to discuss how your school can take formation to the next level.
Programming begins Wednesday afternoon, October 19, and concludes early afternoon Friday, October 21.
Summit PLUS Pilgrimage:
At the conclusion of the DIA Schools Summit on Friday afternoon, the pilgrimage through southern California’s “holy land” begins. Guided by Will F. Peterson, founder of Modern Catholic Pilgrim, we’ll visit spiritual sites such as:
- the only standing chapel in which St. Junipero Serra said Mass; and
- the gorgeous, newly-built St. Michael’s Abbey, home of a dynamic Norbertine community.
All of this is done while seeking the intercession of St. John Paul II on the weekend of his Feast. We’ll have evening presentations by local experts on faith development, retreat time, and meals together. Pilgrims must be able to handle some walking each day while covering changing elevations.
Pilgrims pay their own overnight accommodations at the Best Western Dana Point; all meals and transportation including airport transfers on Sunday morning, are included.
Register online now either as a package with your Summit registration, or as a separate experience – invite your spouse or family members to join you!